Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Job Offer

So the assistant manager of this group of companies in which i applied to finally called and informed me yesterday that i am accepted. I had to think it over and asked for hubby's approval. The package is good, so he agreed. Rewind.The company actually called me up more than a month ago for my first interview. So far it went well and said that they would call again for another interview after a few days. I waited for a while but then it took them so long til it has gone out of my mind and decided not to go back working since the Sonologist confirmed that i am 5 weeks pregnant. Just a week ago they called up again for a final interview with my boss-to-be. I went there as I had to test the waters, and see what's in store for me. They offered me a Product Specialist position of which will entail some training abroad, yet at the back of my mind i see some problems already as it would be difficult with my condition. Forward. So i went to the office today as they have instructed for the signing of the contract. As i saw it, everyone was busy probably because it was the end of the month and they're running after their sales. I waited for almost an hour, only to find out that the contract is not yet there....but the boss asked me to report on Sunday, June 1 to begin working. Truth is, i have mixed emotions. I am excited going back to work again after almost 3 years of being a stay-at-home mom, but i also have apprehensions. I might face a difficult adjustment this time because first i am pregnant. Second, this is my first time to be hands-off with Miggy (and just for the meantime asked my mom to look after him before they leave for Pinas), and third, my first time to work with a diversified group - different nationalities & culture.

3 comments:

Nina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nina said...

mahirap nga yan :) good luck. did you tell them you are preggy?

A Cinderella in Qatar said...

nope, i did not tell them at first. but i decided to finally tell them because i was having a difficult time. my posts are late. it's in my succeeding posts...