Monday, February 5, 2007
Little Diversions
Sure, while my friends & colleagues are stressed out with their busy schedules in the corporate world, I am confined at home with the quest to be well-versed in the field of domestic science. Not only with that, I’m also struggling daily to be gentle and composed looking after my overly active and clingy toddler. To my girlfriends - Don’t envy me. I tell you why. Being a full time mom & wife is a tough 24 hour job, no days-off and you don’t get promoted. It is far more difficult than dealing with a hard-to-get customer and coping with the pressures at work. Don’t get me wrong though, bonding with my family is emotionally rewarding.
Staying at home does not bind me from learning new ropes on my own. But aside from the simple chore of removing stubborn stains from my toddler’s white bodysuit and trying to excel in the field of housekeeping, there are plenty of things I do to be sensibly and pleasurably occupied. Here’s a checklist.
* Learning child psychology. Admittedly, facing the challenges of parenting is quite difficult for a relatively new mom like me.
* Reading books. Recently just finished Sophie Kinsella’s “Can You Keep a Secret?”, next in line her other Shopaholic series. I got a few back log in my bookshelf, those of which are authored by Mitch Albom and Nick Sparks.(Oh by the way,I always wanted Miggy to be a wide reader, so I’ve been reading nursery rhyme & children books to him too).
* Internet. I could never last a day without being hooked-up!
*Girltalk. This is a forum on the net which I always visit, everyday. Tambay ako dito.
* Blogging. Scribbling my thoughts and feelings is cathartic. Reading other people’s blog is inspiring.
* Chatting. Buzzing session with my family & friends from the other side of the world.
* Friendstering. Searching for long lost friends and being updated about them.
* Malling & Malling. Got no other places to go to on weekends except the malls. And just the same malls.
* Trying & cooking new dishes. I’ve been searching & exploring new but simple recipes from the net. Just recent addition to my “wish-to-do list” is to master the art of cooking.
* Watching TFC. Nope, I’m not a couch potato. If there’s one show in TFC I would never fail to miss, it’s Kris Aquino’s “Pilipinas Game KNB?”. It’s amusing to watch some contestants with their boo-boos, and admire those brilliant ones. Haha! Sometimes I imagine myself right there standing(shempre belonging to the brilliant ones, acheche!) strategically doing the atras-abante.
I love people. I love my family, my children . . . but inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up. Pearl S. Buck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
welcome to the world of blogging..
kuya
nice site... keep on posting!
yeah..i hope to post more! thanks mga bro!
Post a Comment