Wednesday, March 28, 2007
A Friend in Grief
This morning, I was chatting with an old high school friend, Janette, and felt sorry to hear about her father's demise. Her father passed away a few weeks ago from thyroid cancer which was only diagnosed last December. The doctor found out the cancer was already in stage 4, and he was only given 3-6 months to live. I can't imagine the hurt Janette felt when she learned that she will be losing her dad soon, considering her mom's death May of last year. I just admire her strength & dedication during the times that her parents were sick, and how she took care of them being the eldest daughter. The thought that her mom & dad are now together in heaven comforts her. She regret though the times she caused them pain, and advised me to spend quality time with my parents while they're still around.
True, we tend to realize one's importance only after they're gone. I just felt how lucky I am to have both my parents alive. My memories with them would always be something worth to treasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment