Monday, April 2, 2007

My 1st day in Culinary School

It was my 1st day in culinary class at ISCAHM yesterday. I was a little bit tensed on my way to school and I was not as excited. I felt like a new student again but this time trying to further my knowledge on cooking. I was surprised that my seatmate, who is about in her 40’s and has been married for some years now enrolled in the class because admittedly, she doesn’t know how to cook. Lucky for me then, I still managed to learn on my own, though I didn’t bother to help my mom in the kitchen during my single years. Swiss chef Williman discussed to us the importance of HACCP afterwhich we were required to don our jacket, apron & toque for our first hands on in the kitchen. German chef Mike Oberle demonstrated knife skills to us. He showed us the right and easier way to peel and cut vegetables. That was very interesting but for a newbie in the kitchen, it was not as easy as it may seem. It will take a lot of practice in order to master that skill. These are some pics of veggie cuts by chef Mike.

No comments: