Saturday, December 1, 2007

The dirty old man & his trick..

We spent our usual Saturday afternoon at the City Center mall. We headed first to Carrefour and I went to check some Christmas decors in addition to what i have already put at home while hubby & son went their way to the electronics section. As i was browsing through the items, a man around his 50's approached me and tried to start a conversation with me. I'm not really sure about his nationality, but based from his features he looked like a Lebanese to me. Our dialogue went like this: Old man: Is this a good gift for you? (pertaining to a perfume sample in his hand) Me: Oh you mean, you're asking me if it is a good gift for women? (thinking he was trying to get my opinion for a Christmas present he planned to give to his wife or friend) Old man: Yes, perfume. is this a good gift for you? Me: Of course, it is a good gift. Old man: I'm giving this to you. (still not sure what he is up to, and thinking that he was from Carrefour offering a promo for a perfume i replied) Me: You are giving that to me? Old man: Yes, and are you buying something? Me: Yes, i'm buying something.(i started getting irritated already..what the hell does he want from me?) Old man: Would you like to buy a bag? I'll buy you a bag.(Aggressive huh!) Me : You are going to buy me a bag? (with a sarcastic face) No! I appreciate it but no thanks. Realizing what he was up to, i turned away and looked for my hubby & son. That crazy dirty old man. I knew it.

No comments: