Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Made It!

After waiting for a week, i finally took my police test/driver's license test at Mowasalat. The best thing is that i only took the test once and i passed it. It was such a formidable experience for me, like i was taking any licensure exam. Not that i was not confident, but the thought of having to undergo the test with the police is quite intimidating much so that plenty of applicants do not make it the first time around. It was like going through the eye of a needle. The night before the test, i tried to sleep early because i needed to wake up at 4am. We were asked to be there are 5:30am. I came at around 5:20am and there were some who begun taking their road signs test already. Gladly i passed the first step. The pocket parking test came, i felt a little bit cold when i went down the bus and i was shivering. I refrained looking at the applicants who were doing the pocket parking, i needed to concentrate on the technique which i learned trying to recall what my instructor always reminded me. I did not want to prolong the agony so i went ahead of the others praying i would be able to drive the car in reverse inside the small box parking space without touching the cones. And so luckily i did. The policeman asked me to drive the car outside the box and asked me for my paper for signing. The third part, was the road test. There were one policeman (beside the driver's seat) and two policewomen at the rear seat. My fear this time had slowly came down because of all the tests, the road test was the one i'm mostly confident about - though i didn't want to be too confident about it. I needed to convince myself that i'm just a beginner trying to absorb everything i have learned from the theory class & my instructor. After one roundabout, the policeman told me to park the car and before i went down he told me that i passed..inshallah. hmm.. i was wondering was it really the word "passed" that he mentioned? When we got back to the Mowasalat's office, we were asked to wait for the announcement. We waited for about 30 minutes. I did not want to text hubby that i passed, or that i have the big chance of passing unless i hear the confirmation from the staff. One of the staff came with the papers on his hand. He said there were too many who failed the test. I think it was about half of us. He said that all names that will be called failed the road test. I crossed my fingers, not wanting to hear my name. Until the last person was called, it was not me. What a relief! I remember the first day of my driving school. My Filipino instructor told me that i should have enrolled only in the 7-day course as i already drive well. In a way, i felt remorse because we paid 2,050 riyals for the 15-day driving lesson which included the theory class. Too high for a price since that is around 20K in Philippine peso. Hubby was supportive though. He wanted me to enroll in the half course so that i can be keen with the pocket parking and roundabouts. Honestly, i was so pressured with all the support coming from him, particularly the times he had to drive me to Mowasalat & wait for an hour in his car then drop me home before going back to work. I felt that i needed to pass the test at once for him. Thank God, I made it!

No comments: