Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another Gift of Life

I missed my period this month which is not so surprising because i normally have delays and long cycle. But for the past days i've been feeling some symptoms which made me think that i might be on the family way. I remember when everyone in the house suffered from intestinal flu, i thought i was a victim too. I felt so nauseated that day, had no appetite to eat meals except the salty crackers which hubby bought for Miggy when he was stricken by diarrhea. I lay down and sleep the whole day as if my total energy has all gone. Told myself this is not unusual, this was the same feeling i had when i got preggy 3 years ago. Hubby was so excited, had always pushed me into having my home pregnancy done. After so much dilly-dallying, i got my kit inside the cabinet which i bought a few months ago and did the test. At first i saw one line, after a few minutes I stared at it intensely..there was another faint line. Of course, hubby was not much convinced. But with a woman's instinct, i'm almost sure i am positive. The next day we went to the pharmacy and asked for the most reliable home pregnancy test. The pharmacist recommended the Predictor which costs around 70riyals.. whew, it was too much for a price of a home pregnancy test in the Philippines. She said it is the most reliable that can sensitively detect Hcg at any given time. Two dots, no matter how faint means positive, said she. The Predictor kit contains two pieces which i used that night and the next morning which both resulted in two faint dots. To confirm my pregnancy, we decided to visit the OBGYNE (it was such a long queue, i waited for almost 4 hrs) and she required me to take the blood test. It was positive. Based from the Hcg level, i am 3 weeks pregnant but based on the LMP i should be 6 weeks already. The same thing happened when i was pregnant with Miggy, my OB then based the fetal age though ultrasound. I took the home test too early, probably the reason why i got faint positive results but good thing that i have known earlier to be more cautious. Next week i'll be having my first ultrasound...i hope by then the machine will be able to detect something in my womb already. God really answers prayers when you least expect it. He is so good, He has blessed us with another gift of life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :) I also have an irregular period - something that happened when I came here in Qatar. Did you go to Doha Clinic? I used to go there and wait for hours to see the OB-GYNE. Try going to Al Ali Hospital - they say it's much better there but a little bit more expensive.

A Cinderella in Qatar said...

thanks nina..yeah i went to doha clinic - to dr.Maha who was recommended by a friend. Waiting period is longer than the time of consultation that's why right now im looking for another OB. Al Alhi was our first option but heard some negative feedback, and no assurance that your OB will be the one to give birth to you. Still searching now, and want to try at American Hospital. Or might fly back home...

Nina said...

My colleague's wife went gave birth at Al Ahli Hospital last year and positive feedback naman. Well, mahirap talaga dito eh. Some people go to Hamad for check up and delivery. Mahaba talaga pila kay Dr. Maha. I stopped going to her kasi lalo ako nai-stress.

A Cinderella in Qatar said...

Who was her OBGYNE?
How much did it cost? Normal or CS?
I really miss my OB at home...iba talaga ang mga doctors sa atin.