Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back to being a SAHM

It was soon enough, I am back to being a stay-at-home mom after 1 week of working. It has been a week since i resigned from my newly found job. I remember one weekend ago, i kept on telling hubby that i do not want to go to work anymore. I feel so stressed, thinking of another 8am-to-5pm-5-days-of-enduring my pregnancy symptoms while adjusting at work. So we agreed that on the next day, i would talk to my boss and tell him that i will finally quit. The next morning, i did not feel waking up early & dressing up for work. I asked hubby if i can just phone the office to inform them with my decision, but he opposed to my plan. He said it is more professional to talk to them personally. So I drove to the office and waited for my boss. When he arrived, he called on me. He said that he has discussed the issue to the upper management and they have decided that i should stop working for the meantime that i am pregnant - after all, being in sales entails a lot of pressures along the way. He said that after giving birth, i am still welcome if i want to go back. I informed him also about my planned resignation, and I am thankful to them for having considered me for the job. Good thing that it was a common decision, otherwise, i might feel regretful for having missed the opportunity. Honestly though, nothing would matter to me most than having to choose & prioritize my family over anything else.
Put yourself in a state of mind where you say to yourself, 'Here is an opportunity for me to celebrate like never before, my own power, my own ability to get myself to do whatever is necessary. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

2 comments:

ClaudiaBroome said...

Hi Cindy,
I just read your blog and I really have respect for you and the mom you are. Question: What advice would you give women before they quit their jobs to be stay at home moms? (Just in case of divorce?)

A Cinderella in Qatar said...

Hi claudia, thanks for reading my blog.
Sometimes moms are caught in between whether to pursue a career or spend their full time with the kids. In case of divorce, it is only wise to think about the financial aspect of raising your kids on your own. Aside from being with them 24/7, you also have to provide their daily needs. Without the other to support them, the single parent has to work doubly hard for the kids. You may ask help from a friend or someone from the family who can attend to them in case you need to keep your job.