Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Not so Usual Birthday

It's my 3_th birthday, but nothing so special. I didn't or even asked mom to cook any special dish. Hubby told me we're dining out to celebrate, but i opted to just go home and take a rest. My afternoon sickness attacks me everyday, and i was not in the mood to go out. Besides, i need to completely rest for another day's work tomorrow. It was my 3rd day at work...but the truth is, i am having a hard time. Since the first day i've been sitting all day from 8am-5pm reading the manuals. It just bores me. The more i stay seated the whole day, the more i become sensitive with my pregnancy symptoms wishing i'm just at home sleeping, resting & looking after Miggy. Just last night hubby & I agreed to inform the office about my pregnancy and to discontinue working. So without hesitation, I talked to my boss and our HR officer regarding my condition. I wanted them to read between the lines, i needed to be straightforward but didn't had the guts to tell them that i wanted to quit. I am not a quitter, but sometimes people just have to make a choice. I plainly told my boss that i get so sleepy at work, that i am just newly hired, afraid that i will not be able to meet their expectations. I had a positive response from them, but they still need to discuss the concern with the higher management. I am waiting for their final decision..i hope they won't take long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hindi k naman nila pwede pilitin kung di mo na talaga kayang mag-work :) It's better for your baby if you just rest.